Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Television! Television! Television!

So jumbled up looking at and looking for so many things (consciously or unconsciously), that are not worth the effort. I think I need to get rid of my TV it is taking up too much of my brain power and with sun setting before I wrap up my work rolling out on the streets with Thakur is also restricted to weekends only.

Why is my TV to blame? for one it is too old and I don’t like the look of it anymore and while watching it I concentrate more on its colors, brightness and contrast hoping to find a fault (which I usually do) than the shows. If god forbid I do start watching a show especially on a local channel than I cannot stop hating myself enough. Not because of the sad state of affairs but simply because I am not on them. Trust me it is not easy being an attention seeking narcissistic it is a severe condition and I don’t like being on this side of the TV. Stupid people making fun of stupid people is just so simple and easy if Hamid Mir, Talat, Lucman etc. (Faisal just because you are a friend I am leaving you out of this for now and no you are not part of etc.:)) can do it so can I, and on many levels I am sure I am more stupid than them hence I am sure I can do a better job. Networks somehow just don’t seem to get it maybe I should go through proper channel i.e. intelligence agencies but they scare me for obvious reasons Intelligence can abuse stupidity. A stupid him/her (ahm trying to be gender sensitive here) without realizing can be very lethal. Anyways that was not something that I was looking for when I bought my (now haggard) big screen. I bought it to watch beautiful women on a larger scale, fast cars on a larger scale and play video games (involving beautiful women and fast cars) on a larger scale but I am not doing any of it (well almost I know what you are thinking but you are wrong).

So the TV I bought six years ago is not showing what I am looking for may be its time to get one of those new 42" HD LCD coupled with a PS3 and then I might say to my self that I am not sexy enough to be in it so it is OK to be on this side, I guess that might show me what I am not looking for. Or is it time to submit to Mr. McPhesto and agree to his vision of watching more Television! Television! Television!

2 comments:

  1. First of all I must thank you for leaving me out of the "etc" :-)

    As for being inside the idiot box, it takes more than just stupidity. One characteristic I've acquired in the short period I've been on the inside, is "restrain". When we're out of the box, we want to think out of the box, and say things out of the box; and we think we'll be able to do just that, the moment we get in. But very quickly we realize we can hardly say the things we wanted to.

    As for narcissism, I've had a few bad ones on that too, with a particular politician telling me I have a "problem with linguistics" on live TV. Hmmmmm... See for yourself.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrWBtX7Z5nw

    ReplyDelete
  2. REDICULOUS-;)

    yes i agree but again as most (well almost) know that whatever is coming out of the idiot box is restrained in one way or the other then why not just stick to the fun stuff? i dont want to be on TV to say what i say outside of it that would kill the whole purpose.

    99% chances that i will be in Karachi on November 5, 6 and 7 can you get me through to someone who has potential to buy crap :) want to fill the hole

    ReplyDelete